At a glance
- Originator Mochida Pharmaceutical
- Class Antihyperglycaemics; Eye disorder therapies
- Mechanism of Action Aldehyde reductase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Diabetes mellitus
Most Recent Events
- 31 Jan 2001 No-Development-Reported for Diabetes mellitus in Japan (Unknown route)
- 31 Oct 1994 Phase-II clinical trials for Diabetes mellitus in Japan (Unknown route)