MK 886Alternative Names: L 663536; MK 0886
Latest Information Update: 18 Feb 2008
At a glance
- Originator Merck & Co
- Class Antiallergics; Antiasthmatics; Antineoplastics; Antipsoriatics
- Mechanism of Action 5-lipoxygenase activating protein inhibitors; DNA synthesis inhibitors; Leukotriene inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Asthma; Cancer; Coronary thrombosis; Inflammatory bowel diseases; Psoriasis; Thrombosis; Transplant rejection
Most Recent Events
- 08 Sep 1998 No-Development-Reported for Thrombosis in USA (unspecified route)
- 08 Sep 1998 No-Development-Reported for Coronary thrombosis in USA (unspecified route)
- 29 Mar 1996 An animal study has been added to the Ischaemic Heart Disease pharmacodynamics section