BimakalimAlternative Names: EMD 52692
Latest Information Update: 21 May 2002
At a glance
- Originator Merck KGaA
- Class Antihypertensives; Benzopyrans; Dihydropyridines; Ischaemic heart disorder therapies; Small molecules; Vasodilators
- Mechanism of Action KATP channel stimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Angina pectoris; Arrhythmias; Asthma; Heart failure; Hypertension
Most Recent Events
- 20 Sep 2000 No-Development-Reported for Arrhythmias in Italy (Unknown route)
- 20 Sep 2000 No-Development-Reported for Asthma in USA (IV)
- 20 Sep 2000 No-Development-Reported for Asthma in Italy (Unknown route)