XibenololAlternative Names: (-)-4-Hydroxyxibenolol
Latest Information Update: 14 Feb 1995
At a glance
- Originator Teikoku Hormone
- Developer Kowa Pharmaceutical; Teikoku Hormone
- Class Anti-ischaemics; Antihypertensives; Propanolamines
- Mechanism of Action Beta-adrenergic receptor antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Hypertension; Ischaemic heart disorders
Most Recent Events
- 14 Feb 1995 Discontinued-preregistration for Ischaemic heart disorders in Japan (Unknown route)
- 14 Feb 1995 Discontinued-preregistration for Hypertension in Japan (Unknown route)