CGS 21680Alternative Names: CGS 21680C
Latest Information Update: 14 May 1997
At a glance
- Originator Novartis
- Class Antiepileptic drugs; Antihypertensives; Antiparkinsonians; Anxiolytics; Neuroprotectants
- Mechanism of Action Adenosine A2 receptor agonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Hypertension; Myocardial ischaemia
Most Recent Events
- 14 May 1997 Discontinued-Preclinical for Hypertension in Switzerland (Unknown route)
- 14 May 1997 Discontinued-Preclinical for Myocardial ischaemia in Switzerland (Unknown route)
- 16 Jan 1996 Discontinued-Preclinical for Myocardial ischaemia in USA (Unknown route)