ColforsinAlternative Names: Forskolin
Latest Information Update: 17 Aug 2007
At a glance
- Originator Aventis
- Class Antiasthmatics; Antiglaucomas; Antihypertensives; Antihypotensives; Cardiotonics; Diterpenes
- Mechanism of Action Adenylate cyclase stimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Cancer; Heart failure; Ischaemic heart disorders
Most Recent Events
- 17 Aug 2007 Discontinued - Preclinical for Cancer in USA (unspecified route)
- 28 Apr 1995 Preclinical development for Cancer in USA (unspecified route)