SabeluzoleAlternative Names: Arbetuzole; R 58735
Latest Information Update: 26 Sep 2006
At a glance
- Originator Janssen L.P.
- Class Neuroprotectants; Nootropics
- Mechanism of Action Calcium channel antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Alzheimer's disease; Diabetic neuropathies
Most Recent Events
- 08 Jan 2001 Discontinued-Clinical for Alzheimer's disease in United Kingdom (PO)
- 08 Jan 2001 Discontinued-III for Alzheimer's disease in USA (PO)
- 08 Jan 2001 Discontinued-III for Alzheimer's disease in Japan (PO)
Table of Contents
- At a glance
- Development Overview
- Drug Properties & Chemical Synopsis
- Development Status
- Commercial Information
- Scientific Summary
- Development History