AprikalimAlternative Names: RP 52891; RPG 52891
Latest Information Update: 08 Jul 2002
At a glance
- Originator Aventis
- Class Anti-ischaemics; Antiasthmatics; Antihypertensives; Ischaemic heart disorder therapies; Vasodilators
- Mechanism of Action Potassium channel agonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Asthma; Heart failure; Hypertension; Myocardial ischaemia
Most Recent Events
- 22 Dec 1999 Rhône-Poulenc Rorer has merged with Hoechst Marion Roussel to form Aventis Pharma
- 01 Jun 1999 No-Development-Reported for Asthma (PO)
- 10 Jul 1998 No-Development-Reported for Hypertension in France (Unknown route)