RitanserinAlternative Names: R 55667
Latest Information Update: 07 Jan 1997
At a glance
- Originator Janssen L.P.
- Class Piperidines; Pyrimidinones
- Mechanism of Action Serotonin 2 receptor antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Anxiety disorders; Major depressive disorder
Most Recent Events
- 07 Jan 1997 Discontinued-II for Depression in Japan (PO)
- 07 Jan 1997 Discontinued-II for Depression in USA (PO)
- 07 Jan 1997 Discontinued-III for Depression in European Union (PO)