Apolipoprotein EAlternative Names: Apo A4; Apo E; Apolipoprotein A1
Latest Information Update: 11 Feb 2008
At a glance
- Originator Mitsubishi Chemical; Savient Pharmaceuticals
- Class Antihyperlipidaemics
- Mechanism of Action Protein synthesis stimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Hyperlipidaemia; Kaposi's sarcoma
Most Recent Events
- 02 Jul 2004 Nuvelo is not continuing development of Apolipoprotein E
- 20 May 1999 Preclinical development for Kaposi's sarcoma in USA (Unknown route)
- 08 Jan 1998 No-Development-Reported for Hyperlipidaemia in Japan (Unknown route)