AcecainideAlternative Names: ASL 601; N-Acetylprocainamide
Latest Information Update: 13 Jul 1999
At a glance
- Originator King Pharmaceuticals Research and Development; Pfizer
- Class Benzamides; Class III antiarrhythmics
- Mechanism of Action Potassium channel antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Arrhythmias
Most Recent Events
- 13 Jul 1999 Discontinued-III for Arrhythmias in USA (IV)
- 01 Jul 1998 Phase-III clinical trials for Arrhythmias in USA (IV)