ARC 64176Alternative Names: FPL 64176
Latest Information Update: 18 Jan 2007
At a glance
- Originator AstraZeneca R&D Charnwood
- Class Cardiotonics
- Mechanism of Action Calcium channel agonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Heart failure; Ischaemic heart disorders
Most Recent Events
- 21 Dec 1999 Hoechst Marion Roussel has merged with Rhône-Poulenc Rorer to form Aventis Pharma
- 07 Apr 1999 Merger of Astra and Zeneca to form AstraZeneca completed
- 28 Jan 1999 FPL 64176 is now called ARC 64176