At a glance
- Originator AstraZeneca
- Class Class Ic antiarrhythmics
- Mechanism of Action Sodium channel antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Arrhythmias
Most Recent Events
- 21 Sep 2000 Discontinued-Preclinical for Arrhythmias in USA (Unknown route)
- 21 Sep 2000 Discontinued-Preclinical for Arrhythmias in United Kingdom (Unknown route)
- 07 Apr 1999 Merger of Astra and Zeneca to form AstraZeneca completed.