DitekirenAlternative Names: U 71038
Latest Information Update: 03 Mar 1995
At a glance
- Originator Pharmacia Corporation
- Class Antihypertensives; Heart failure therapies; Oligopeptides
- Mechanism of Action Renin inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Heart failure; Hypertension
Most Recent Events
- 03 Mar 1995 Discontinued-II for Heart failure in USA (IV-injection)
- 03 Mar 1995 Discontinued-II for Heart failure in USA (PO)
- 03 Mar 1995 Discontinued-II for Hypertension in USA (IV-injection)