SarafloxacinAlternative Names: A 56620
Latest Information Update: 23 Jan 2013
At a glance
- Originator Abbott Laboratories
- Class Antibacterials; Fluoroquinolones; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Type II DNA topoisomerase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Intestinal infections
Most Recent Events
- 28 Nov 1994 Discontinued-Preclinical for Intestinal infections in USA (Unknown route)