At a glance
- Originator Esteve
- Developer Esteve; Innothera
- Class Antibacterials; Quinolones; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Type II DNA topoisomerase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Bacterial infections; Obstetric and gynaecological infections
Most Recent Events
- 16 Oct 1998 Suspended-III for Bacterial infections in Spain (Topical)
- 29 May 1998 Suspended-preclinical phase for Obstetric and gynaecological infections in France (Unknown route)
- 30 Jul 1996 Phase-III clinical trials for Bacterial infections in Spain (Topical)