MersacidinAlternative Names: M87 1551
Latest Information Update: 11 Jan 2002
At a glance
- Originator Aventis
- Class Antibacterials; Peptide antibiotics
- Mechanism of Action Cell wall inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Bacterial infections
Most Recent Events
- 11 Jan 2002 No-Development-Reported for Bacterial infections in Germany (Unknown route)
- 22 Dec 1999 Hoechst Marion Roussel has merged with Rhône-Poulenc Rorer to form Aventis Pharma
- 29 Mar 1995 Preclinical development for Bacterial infections in Germany (Unknown route)