TenilsetamAlternative Names: CAS 997
Latest Information Update: 04 Jul 2007
At a glance
- Originator Cassella
- Class Analgesics; Neuroprotectants
- Mechanism of Action Advanced glycosylation end product inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Dementia; Diabetic retinopathy
Most Recent Events
- 09 May 2001 Tenilsetam is being investigated for use in the prevention of diabetic retinopahy
- 09 May 2001 Preclinical development for Diabetic retinopathy in Germany (unspecified route)
- 22 Jan 1997 Discontinued-Clinical for Dementia in Germany (unspecified route)