At a glance
- Originator Schering-Plough
- Class Antiulcers; Cytoprotectives
- Mechanism of Action Proton pump inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Peptic ulcer
Most Recent Events
- 31 May 1992 Discontinued for Peptic ulcer in USA (unspecified route)