BazinaprineAlternative Names: SR 91591
Latest Information Update: 14 Aug 1996
At a glance
- Originator Sanofi-Synthelabo
- Class Antidepressants; Pyridazines; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Monoamine oxidase A inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Major depressive disorder
Most Recent Events
- 14 Aug 1996 Discontinued-I for Depression in United Kingdom (Unknown route)
- 14 Aug 1996 Discontinued-I for Depression in France (Unknown route)