BemesetronAlternative Names: MDL 72222
Latest Information Update: 04 Sep 2002
At a glance
- Originator Aventis
- Class Antiemetics; Antimigraines; Small molecules; Tropanes
- Mechanism of Action Serotonin 3 receptor antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Alzheimer's disease; Anxiety disorders; Nausea and vomiting
Most Recent Events
- 20 Nov 1999 Discontinued - Phase-III for Emesis in USA (IV)
- 20 Nov 1999 Discontinued - Preclinical for Anxiety disorders in USA (IV)
- 20 Nov 1999 Discontinued for Alzheimer's disease in USA (unspecified route)