FluparoxanAlternative Names: Fluparoxan hydrochloride; GR 50360; GR 50360A
Latest Information Update: 24 Aug 1999
At a glance
- Originator GlaxoSmithKline
- Class Antidepressants; Dioxanes; Piperidines; Pyrroles; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Adrenergic receptor antagonists; Alpha 2 adrenergic receptor antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Major depressive disorder; Male sexual dysfunction
Most Recent Events
- 24 Aug 1999 Discontinued-I for Male sexual dysfunction in USA (Unknown route)
- 24 Aug 1999 Discontinued-II for Male sexual dysfunction in United Kingdom (Unknown route)
- 03 Jan 1997 Discontinued-III for Depression in European Union (PO)