IfoxetineAlternative Names: CGP 11289; CGP 15210; CGP 15210G; CGP 15671
Latest Information Update: 27 Nov 2000
At a glance
- Originator Novartis
- Class Antidepressants; Piperidines; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Serotonin uptake inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Major depressive disorder
Most Recent Events
- 27 Nov 2000 Discontinued-II for Depression in European Union (PO)
- 03 Jan 1997 Suspended-II for Depression in European Union (PO)