At a glance
- Originator Bristol-Myers Squibb; Otsuka Pharmaceutical
- Developer Otsuka Pharmaceutical
- Class Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatories; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Prostaglandin synthase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Osteoarthritis; Rheumatoid arthritis
Most Recent Events
- 07 Aug 1995 Discontinued-I for Rheumatoid arthritis in Japan (Unknown route)
- 07 Aug 1995 Discontinued-I for Osteoarthritis in Japan (Unknown route)