OmaciclovirAlternative Names: 2HMHBG; H2G
Latest Information Update: 29 Feb 2008
At a glance
- Originator Medivir AB
- Class Antiretrovirals; Nucleosides; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action DNA-directed DNA polymerase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Herpes simplex virus infections; HIV infections; Varicella zoster virus infections
Most Recent Events
- 09 Jul 2001 H2G is now called omaciclovir (INN)
- 23 Feb 1999 Development is continuing with the prodrug, MIV 606
- 23 Feb 1999 Suspended-Preclinical for Varicella zoster virus infections in Sweden (Unknown route)