Oxetanocin GAlternative Names: NK 822
Latest Information Update: 22 Aug 2007
At a glance
- Originator Nippon Kayaku
- Class Antivirals; Purines
- Mechanism of Action Undefined mechanism
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Cytomegalovirus infections; Hepatitis B; Herpes simplex virus infections; HIV infections
Most Recent Events
- 12 Jul 2001 No-Development-Reported for Herpes simplex virus infections in Japan (unspecified route)
- 12 Jul 2001 No-Development-Reported for HIV infections treatment in Japan (unspecified route)
- 12 Jul 2001 No-Development-Reported for Hepatitis B in Japan (PO)