Latest Information Update: 21 May 2001
At a glance
- Originator Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic; Rega Institute for Medical Research
- Class Antivirals; Nucleosides
- Mechanism of Action DNA inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Viral infections
Most Recent Events
- 21 May 2001 No-Development-Reported for Viral infections in European Union (Unknown route)
- 21 May 1993 Preclinical development for Viral infections in European Union (Unknown route)