Latest Information Update: 18 May 2001
At a glance
- Originator Louisiana State University
- Class Antivirals; Nucleosides
- Mechanism of Action Thymidine kinase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Herpesvirus infections
Most Recent Events
- 18 May 2001 No-Development-Reported for Herpesvirus infections in USA (Unknown route)
- 18 May 2001 Profile reviewed but no significant changes made