Indolepyruvic acidAlternative Names: Indole-3-pyruvic acid; IPA
Latest Information Update: 23 Jul 2003
At a glance
- Originator Polifarma
- Class Indoles; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Excitatory amino acid antagonists; Melanocortin receptor agonists; Melatonin receptor agonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Anxiety disorders; Major depressive disorder; Sleep disorders
Most Recent Events
- 23 Jul 2003 No development reported - Phase-II for Sleep disorders in Italy (PO)
- 23 Jul 2003 No development reported - Phase-II for Anxiety disorders in Italy (PO)
- 23 Jul 2003 No development reported - Phase-II for Depression in Italy (PO)