RoxindoleAlternative Names: EMD 49980
Latest Information Update: 18 Nov 1997
At a glance
- Originator Merck KGaA
- Class Antipsychotics; Indoles; Pyridines
- Mechanism of Action Dopamine D2 receptor agonists; Serotonin 1A receptor agonists; Serotonin uptake inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Major depressive disorder; Obsessive-compulsive disorders; Panic disorder; Psychotic disorders
Most Recent Events
- 18 Nov 1997 Discontinued-II for Depression in USA (Unknown route)
- 18 Nov 1997 Discontinued-Clinical for Obsessive-compulsive disorders in European Union (Unknown route)
- 18 Nov 1997 Discontinued-III for Depression in European Union (Unknown route)