At a glance
- Originator Aventis
- Class Antidepressants; Antiepileptic drugs; Neuroprotectants; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Adrenergic receptor antagonists; Dopamine uptake inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Major depressive disorder
Most Recent Events
- 30 May 2001 Profile reviewed but no significant changes made
- 03 Jan 1997 No-Development-Reported for Depression in Germany (Unknown route)