At a glance
- Originator Banyu; Merck & Co
- Developer Banyu
- Class Antihyperlipidaemics; Benzylamines
- Mechanism of Action Squalene monooxygenase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Hyperlipidaemia
Most Recent Events
- 12 Feb 2008 Discontinued - Preclinical for Hyperlipidaemia in Japan (unspecified route)
- 08 Aug 2002 No development reported - Preclinical for Hyperlipidaemia in Japan (unspecified route)