4-AzidothymidineAlternative Names: ADRT
Latest Information Update: 14 Nov 2006
At a glance
- Originator Roche Palo Alto LLC
- Class Antiretrovirals; Nucleosides
- Mechanism of Action RNA-directed DNA polymerase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued HIV infections
Most Recent Events
- 20 Mar 1995 No-Development-Reported for HIV infections treatment in USA (PO)