Ara DMAPAlternative Names: 6-dimethylaminopurine arabinoside; CRU 550; NSC 407371
Latest Information Update: 05 Jan 2009
At a glance
- Originator GlaxoSmithKline
- Class Antivirals; Arabinonucleosides; Purine nucleosides; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Undefined mechanism
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Varicella zoster virus infections
Most Recent Events
- 22 Jan 2001 Glaxo Wellcome has merged with SmithKline Beecham to form GlaxoSmithKline
- 16 May 1996 Preclinical development for Varicella zoster virus infections in USA (Unknown route)