At a glance
- Originator Sanofi-Synthelabo
- Class Antihypertensives
- Mechanism of Action Renin inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Glaucoma
- Discontinued Hypertension
Most Recent Events
- 30 Aug 1999 Sanofi has merged with Synthélabo to form Sanofi-Synthélabo
- 22 Aug 1997 Preclinical development for Glaucoma (Ophthalmic)
- 01 Jun 1995 Discontinued-II for Hypertension in France (IV-infusion)