At a glance
- Originator Takeda
- Developer Senju Pharmaceutical; Takeda
- Class Antihyperglycaemics
- Mechanism of Action Aldehyde reductase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Cataracts; Diabetic complications
Most Recent Events
- 04 Feb 2008 Discontinued - Preclinical for Cataracts in Japan (Ophthalmic)
- 30 Jul 1998 No-Development-Reported for Cataracts in Japan (Ophthalmic)
- 08 Jan 1997 Preclinical development for Cataracts in Japan (Ophthalmic)