SM 10888Alternative Names: SM-10888
Latest Information Update: 30 Aug 2007
At a glance
- Originator Sumitomo Pharmaceuticals
- Class Neuroprotectants; Nootropics
- Mechanism of Action Acetylcholinesterase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Alzheimer's disease
Most Recent Events
- 22 Nov 1999 No-Development-Reported for Alzheimer's disease in Japan (PO)
- 10 Apr 1995 A preclinical study has been added to the pharmacokinetics section
- 09 Nov 1994 Phase-II clinical trials for Alzheimer's disease in Japan (PO)