SuritozoleAlternative Names: MDL 26479
Latest Information Update: 21 Dec 1999
At a glance
- Originator Aventis
- Class Antidepressants; Neuroprotectants; Nootropics
- Mechanism of Action GABA A receptor inverse agonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Alzheimer's disease; Major depressive disorder
Most Recent Events
- 21 Dec 1999 Discontinued-II for Depression in United Kingdom (Unknown route)
- 21 Dec 1999 Discontinued-II for Depression in USA (Unknown route)
- 21 Dec 1999 Discontinued-II for Alzheimer's disease in USA (Unknown route)