RicasetronAlternative Names: BRL 46470; BRL 46470A
Latest Information Update: 23 Dec 1996
At a glance
- Originator GlaxoSmithKline
- Class Antiemetics; Antipsychotics; Anxiolytics; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Serotonin 3 receptor antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Anxiety disorders; Nausea and vomiting; Psychotic disorders
Most Recent Events
- 23 Dec 1996 Discontinued-Unspecified Phase in Psychotic disorders in United Kingdom (PO)
- 23 Dec 1996 Discontinued-Unspecified Phase in Emesis in United Kingdom (PO)
- 23 Dec 1996 Discontinued-II for Anxiety disorders in United Kingdom (PO)