At a glance
- Originator Yamanouchi
- Class Neuroprotectants; Nootropics
- Mechanism of Action Muscarinic M1 receptor agonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Alzheimer's disease; Dementia
Most Recent Events
- 30 Jun 2000 Discontinued-II for Dementia in Japan (PO)
- 30 Jun 2000 Discontinued-I for Alzheimer's disease in Germany (PO)
- 24 Sep 1998 Phase-II clinical trials for Dementia in Japan (PO)