Latest Information Update: 07 May 2003
At a glance
- Originator Pfizer
- Class Antihyperglycaemics
- Mechanism of Action Gastric inhibitory polypeptide stimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Diabetes mellitus
Most Recent Events
- 07 May 2003 Discontinued - Phase-I for Diabetes mellitus in USA (unspecified route)
- 01 Apr 1997 No-Development-Reported for Diabetes mellitus in USA (Unknown route)
- 12 Nov 1993 Phase-I clinical trials for Diabetes mellitus in USA (Unknown route)