At a glance
- Originator Eisai Co Ltd
- Class Antiallergics; Antiasthmatics
- Mechanism of Action Platelet activating factor inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Asthma
Most Recent Events
- 10 Aug 1999 Discontinued-II for Asthma in Japan (PO)
- 14 Aug 1997 Profile reviewed
- 13 Feb 1995 Phase-II clinical trials for Asthma in Japan (PO)