At a glance
- Originator GlaxoSmithKline
- Developer GlaxoSmithKline; Mochida Pharmaceutical
- Class Acetic acids; Antihyperglycaemics; Phenethylamines
- Mechanism of Action Beta 3 adrenergic receptor agonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Diabetes mellitus; Type 2 diabetes mellitus
Most Recent Events
- 28 Sep 1998 Discontinued-Clinical for Type-2 diabetes mellitus in United Kingdom (PO)
- 28 Sep 1998 Discontinued-Preclinical for Type-2 diabetes mellitus in Japan (PO)
- 28 Sep 1998 Discontinued-Preclinical for Diabetes mellitus in Finland (PO)