At a glance
- Originator Wyeth
- Class Antihyperglycaemics; Thiazolidinediones
- Mechanism of Action Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor agonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Type 2 diabetes mellitus
Most Recent Events
- 07 May 2003 Discontinued for Type-2 diabetes mellitus in USA (unspecified route)
- 19 Oct 2000 Profile reviewed but no significant changes made
- 17 Oct 1995 No-Development-Reported for Type-2 diabetes mellitus in USA (Unknown route)