Latest Information Update: 07 May 2003
At a glance
- Originator Chugai Pharmaceutical; Vertex Pharmaceuticals
- Class Antihyperglycaemics
- Mechanism of Action Immunosuppressants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Type 1 diabetes mellitus
Most Recent Events
- 07 May 2003 Discontinued - Preclinical for Type-1 diabetes mellitus (unspecified route)
- 01 Apr 1997 No-Development-Reported for Type-1 diabetes mellitus (Unknown route)
- 14 Oct 1994 Preclinical development for Type-1 diabetes mellitus (Unknown route)