At a glance
- Originator Novartis
- Class Antidepressants; Antiparkinsonians; Neuroprotectants; Nootropics
- Mechanism of Action Catechol-O-methyltransferase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Parkinson's disease
Most Recent Events
- 19 Jul 2010 Discontinued - Phase-I for Parkinson's disease in Switzerland (PO)
- 19 Jul 2010 Discontinued - Phase-I for Parkinson's disease in Germany (PO)
- 13 Sep 1995 Suspended-I for Parkinson's disease in Germany (PO)