FabesetronAlternative Names: FK 1052
Latest Information Update: 23 Jun 1998
At a glance
- Originator Fujisawa
- Class Antiemetics; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Serotonin 3 receptor antagonists; Serotonin 4 receptor antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Irritable bowel syndrome; Nausea and vomiting
Most Recent Events
- 23 Jun 1998 Commercial data has been reviewed by Fujisawa
- 23 Jun 1998 Discontinued-II for Irritable bowel syndrome in Japan (PO)
- 23 Jun 1998 Discontinued-II for Emesis in Japan (PO)