At a glance
- Originator Boehringer Ingelheim Pharma KG
- Class Antihyperglycaemics; Benzoic acids
- Mechanism of Action Potassium channel antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Arrhythmias; Type 2 diabetes mellitus
Most Recent Events
- 12 Dec 1994 Discontinued-Unspecifed Phase in Arrhythmias in Germany (Transdermal)
- 12 Dec 1994 Investigation in Type-2 diabetes mellitus in Germany (Unknown route)