At a glance
- Originator Scios
- Class Amino acids; Antiepileptic drugs; Neuroprotectants; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Excitatory amino acid antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Epilepsy; Huntington's disease
Most Recent Events
- 30 Jan 1997 Discontinued-Unspecified Phase in Huntington's disease in USA (unspecified route)
- 14 Dec 1994 Discontinued-Unspecified Phase in Epilepsy in USA (unspecified route)