Latest Information Update: 28 May 2003
At a glance
- Originator Pharmacia Corporation
- Class Antibacterials; Penems
- Mechanism of Action Cell wall inhibitors; Type II DNA topoisomerase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Bacterial infections
Most Recent Events
- 16 Apr 2003 Pharmacia has been acquired by Pfizer
- 05 Apr 2000 Pharmacia & Upjohn has merged with Monsanto to form Pharmacia Corporation